Call for Applications Part-time Administration and Communications Support Officer
Terms of Reference
We Will Speak Out South Africa (WWSOSA) is a coalition of individuals and organisations engaged in mobilising and equipping the faith sector to become Gender-Based Violence-Competent, and to become credible and effective stakeholders in broader society’s efforts to end GBV and Femicide in South Africa.
WWSOSA is seeking to appoint an Administrative and Communications Support Officer on a short-term consultancy basis (to April 2024).
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE is to offer the necessary admin, logistics and communications support to We Will Speak Out SA (WWSOSA) in its various roles and partnership responsibilities, including:
- the Faith Leaders Gender Transformation Programme (FLGTP),
- its role as Secretariat of Side by Side,
- its role as host to Bread for World’s Unity is Strength Africa Networking Project,
- the work of the WWSOSA Board, its meetings and Sub-Committees,
- networking activities and any other key activities of WWSOSA.
Details of the tasks and deliverables are provided in the terms of Reference below.
- Minimum 2-3 years admin experience
- Relevant training for knowledge, skills and evidence of the skills
- Self-driven and organised person – confident to help streamline efficiency of admin and logistics processes
- Communication skills – written and spoken especially on line (knowledge of multiple languages an advantage)
- Excellent expertise and experience in the use of the following IT tools for Communications – database management, Mail Chimp, Google workplace, website software – WordPress
- Social media management skills and experience
- Website management skills and experience
- Good networking skills
- Strong ability to relate easily to people of diverse backgrounds in a respectful and inclusive manner – online or in person
- Knowledge of NGO sector and basic understanding of gender-based violence and related gender and social justice concepts
- Knowledge of the faith sector an advantage
- Experience or studies in gender and GBV-related fields, with emphasis on the faith sector – would be an advantage
Interested candidates for this part-time role (average 7 days per month) on consultancy basis are invited to send their resume and a motivation letter to: email@example.com.
Closing Date: Wednesday 26th July 2023.
Start Date: 1st August.